All summer school participants (that are not from the University of Konstanz) will stay at the IBIS hotel, Benediktiner Platz 9, Konstanz. The registration fee includes room and breakfast for two nights. The hotel is convenienty located, just two bus stops from the central station (or a 16 min walk for 1300 m). You can also get off the train at Konstanz-Petershausen and walk 10 min to cover 800 m to the hotel. Dinner on Monday, June 17, is just across the road at the Constanzer Wirtshaus, right on the Seerhein River.
The hotel is an excellent starting point for popular jogging routes along the lake shores on both sides of the river and the lake. Also there are good entry points closeby for swimming in the river and the lake.
Getting to Konstanz
- By car: A81 ("Spätzle Highway")
- By train: Konstanz Hbf
- By plane: Zürich Airport + 60 min train ride to Konstanz
Recommendation for a scenic North-Eastern approach: Take the train to Friedrichshafen Hafen and then the Katamaran to Konstanz. This is a fast 50 min speed boat ride with great views of the nearby Alps and the Bodensee.
Location / Plan of the University of Konstanz
The conference will take place in room H308 at the University of Konstanz.
Bus Lines and Direction
- City to University: Bus 9A and 9B
- City -> Allmannsdorf -> Egg/University -> Mainau: Bus 4/13
- Mainau -> Egg/University -> Allmansdorf -> City: Bus 13/4
- To the train station (Bahnhof or Marktstätte): all lines except 11 and 15