Welcome to the 5th Summer School on Video Compression and Processing!
It will be held at the University of Konstanz, June 17-19, 2019.
Supported by the SFB-TRR 161 Quantitative Methods for Visual Computing.
Topics of Interest
- Compression algorithms for 2D, 3D, 360-degree and multi-view video and images
- Machine learning for image, video and data processing and compression
- Deep learning for video compression
- Image and video signal analysis
- Quality assessment / Quality of experience
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality
- Data compression, transmission and processing
- Coding and processing of multispectral data
- Lecturer: Dr. Christopher Schroers, Disney Research, Zürich
- Title: Neural Video Processing in Post Production
- Abstract: tba
How to participate
- The summer school is open for PhD and advanced master students, for post docs, and academic advisors working in the research areas listed. The working language at the summer school will be English. Participants are encouraged to present and discuss their research in oral and poster presentations.
- To apply for a presentation, submit your title and a short abstract. Upon acceptance, register for the summer school.
- Participants without a presentation are welcome and requested to register.
- See Submission/Registration/Payment and Important Dates for details.
- April 18, 2019 Submission of proposal for presentation (title/abstract)
- April 25, 2019 Notification of acceptance
- April 30, 2019 Registration for Summer School
- May 17, 2019 Payment of registration fee (including accommodation)
- June 17-19, 2019 Summer School takes place
- Dietmar Saupe, University of Konstanz, Germany
- André Kaup, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Jens-Rainer Ohm, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Ingrid Baiker, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Hanhe Lin, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Oliver Wiedemann, University of Konstanz, Germany